Life is great!
General Conference was so amazing this past weekend. I really did love it so much. There were of course several talks that I really connected with and felt the spirit strongly, but the one that I think touched me the most (as far as making some positive changes in my life) was the talk by President Eyring on Sunday morning....
He said to Ponder and Pray...
Did God bless my life or the life of my family today?
Then - preserve it.
Did God bless my life or the life of my family today?
Then - preserve it.
So, I decided then and there that I would start writing in my journal everyday (however, I've decided to type it instead of write it). It's been a great personal experience for me to really stop and focus on the specific things that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with each day. I'm so happy Pres. Eyring said the things he did...I've already found so much joy in "journaling" in just the past 2 days!
Last, I love my BOM class at BYU. My professor is so knowledgeable about so many things and its great to learn from him each week! Tonight I was so touched by the lesson that I just want to share the main focus of what was taught. Isaiah...the chapters in the BOM that focus on Isaiah scare me sometimes...I never really get it. But after tonight I can happily say that I at least understand SOME of what 2 Nephi chapters 17-19 are saying. Isaiah was an amazing prophet, and a powerful message that he was able to teach was this....
Last, I love my BOM class at BYU. My professor is so knowledgeable about so many things and its great to learn from him each week! Tonight I was so touched by the lesson that I just want to share the main focus of what was taught. Isaiah...the chapters in the BOM that focus on Isaiah scare me sometimes...I never really get it. But after tonight I can happily say that I at least understand SOME of what 2 Nephi chapters 17-19 are saying. Isaiah was an amazing prophet, and a powerful message that he was able to teach was this....
IMMANUEL --meaning, God is with us!
"Immanuel" is the most powerful lesson we can learn...We WILL be delivered from our trials if we will just remember that God is with us, and then TURN TO HIM. I hope our 'spiritual reflexes' direct us to Him and not 'the arm of flesh'. Life can become more and more happy for all of us if we will just LISTEN to, and have FAITH in our Heavenly Father.
Like I said before....life is great! :)
"Immanuel" is the most powerful lesson we can learn...We WILL be delivered from our trials if we will just remember that God is with us, and then TURN TO HIM. I hope our 'spiritual reflexes' direct us to Him and not 'the arm of flesh'. Life can become more and more happy for all of us if we will just LISTEN to, and have FAITH in our Heavenly Father.
Like I said before....life is great! :)






1 comment:
belle, I can totally relate! I loved Elder Eyrings talk and felt the same about writing everyday about recognizing the hand of the Lord in my life or the life of my family. I do, however, need to follow through on the prompting. thanks for reminding me!
Post a Comment