Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Michelle's ramblings of the night

Well, tonight is the one week anniversary of our dear David Cook winning the title of American Idol. I'm so happy for him that he won. However, I was shocked -- I thought Archy had the win in the bag, but I was wrong. I love them both so I don't mind. Can't wait till their first albums come out!

So I never mentioned my excitement in Provo that happened the night before we left. Greg and I played on our softball team (a double header night). In the second inning or so I pulled something in my leg. It seriously hurt and I couldn't run without it hurting like mad so I stopped playing the field and let someone else play my spot in my beloved center field. Anyway, when it was my turn to bat the team told me I needed to bat so that we didn't have to get an out for skipping me...Greg just encouraged me to stand there and let them pitch to me--not to worry about swinging or anything-- ya right!...I walked up and decided I was going to do my best to at least hit the ball. Well, I swung at the first pitch and pounded it over the left fielder's head!! To make a long story short...I ended up getting a triple! The sad part of this story is that it would have been my first homerun, but I couldn't run fast enough because I hobbled all the way to third as it was. So I was pretty excited! I almost got 2 home runs last year, but I stopped at third once, and I got thrown out at home on the other one -- I blame it on the runner in front of me running too slow! hehe. Well, other good things in that game ended up happening for me as well (I'll spare you all the details) and I ended up getting PlAyEr oF tHe GaMe!!!! yeah for me! :)

One more story... on our way here there were lots of funny things that happened that I just couldn't wait to get here so I could blog about them, but by the time we got our internet up I had forgotten a lot of them, so tonight I'm going to share one funny/sad thing so I can just let it all go.... Ok, so you saw the picture that showed how incredibly FULL our car was with all of our stuff -- poor Luke was back there in it all. On the second day of our trip, out of the blue, Luke just started crying...hard! It took us a minute to figure out what had happened. The poor kid had one of our kitchen pots fall onto his head!! :( Pretty much after we got all of our big boxes and stuff into the car we had stuffed a bunch of things wherever we could....poor Luke paid for this mistake. However, before you all get too sad about this and think we are terrible parents :) I would just like to say that that pot kept Luke happy the rest of the trip! He played with it the whole rest of the way. So, you see...sad stories can sometimes have happy endings! :)

The end.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so bad it has been forever since I've read your blog. It looks like all is going well. We miss ya and love ya. Luke is a doll. He is just growing up so fast. I love all the pictures of him. Ths cabnits, ketchup, creal bowel, swimming. He is adorable. But what can I say I wouldn't expect anything else. Love ya!

AMY and steven said...

Hi Michelle, it was great to hear from you. Harlee does very well with her glasses and the patch. I am hoping that she continues to do so and doesn't start to object to wearing them. She will be two in September.