My brother Randy came to
spend Thanksgiving with us!
It was seriously such a fun time
having him here!
The kids loved him so much...they
warmed up to him in about, oh, 5 minutes! lol.


playing lots of wii :), preparing lots of yummy food,
eating said food, and just hanging out enjoying
eating said food, and just hanging out enjoying
the company.
and he was the one who found an awesome recipe
for our Yams....they were "sups good!" lol.
the turkey. He did a great job!
The turkey was really good! And we've already
found some tips on how to make it
even better next year...
so I also made a loaf of bread and some
italian bread. yum!
Making the rolls got slightly dramatic.
While my kitchen aid was busy mixing
the dough, it all the sudden clicked and turned off.
aaaggghhh! Really?? Right in the middle of making
bread that I was already behind on and was supposed
to be in the oven already?? So, I plugged it into a different
socket and still didn't work. whaa-haa! So, I took the dough out
and started to knead it (what else could I do, right?).
Well, for starters I could try a socket that didn't belong
to the same breaker as the nonworking one. lol...
turns out that when I poured the water into the dough mix,
I spilled horribly and it was dripping off the counter into
the socket. oops. We ended up plugging the kitchen aid to
a different wall and it worked again.
All was well....and the rolls were delish. :)
whew.
Our little handy helper...(and don't worry...its a 23 lb. turkey for 3 people. lol)
peeling potatoes..
peeling potatoes..dramatic dough experience.

finally time to eat!!

So g.o.o.d.

mmmmm!

finally time to eat!!

So g.o.o.d.
mmmmm!
Thank you for spending this holiday with us!!
free time on the wii. Luke was excited to
show Randy all of his favorite games.
We played lots of Sports Resort (How about
Randy beat my basketball score on his 2nd try! Really??),
Mario Bro. Wii, and Tetris Party.
It was really fun playing....I think we helped him
see the need of having a wii. He's going to buy
one when he gets home!
Also, on Friday Randy and I got to go out to a movie
and hang out for about 4 hours. It was a lot of fun!
Since he works in TX every once in a while
we'll look forward to seeing him again soon!














5 comments:
Shell, I loved that I feel like we were almost there, im so happy that Randy got to be there.. your pies looked great Great memories.. love you guys..
looks like you had a bunch of fun! that's awesome... your family is so cute!
Can we come for dinner next year?! Everything looks awesome, especially you! You look very happy and beautiful.
I need some roll tips. Mine are always too dense. I even tried being lazy this year and doing rhoades rolls which I managed to ruin. They rose way too huge, fell over, burnt on the bottom. You name it, I did it. Ron said who would have thought he'd have to go to Iraq to get home made rolls for the holiday! Oh well.
You are all so cute! Everything looked wonderful! I miss you!!!!
Post a Comment