I loved it. Such a great day.
I got to sleep in, and when I woke up
I walked out to the smell of freshly
baked cookies! For those of you who may not know,
my hubby makes the b.e.s.t. batch of cc cookies EVER!
And Lukey was helping too!
Then, we had a delicious breakfast
before getting ready for church.
I loved having these in the house for 1 1/2 weeks!!
Here he is at his "podium" practicing his talk. :)
Luke got to give his first talk in primary!!
It was so special. The topic was The First Vision.
Instead of Greg and I writing the talk up for
him, we asked Luke what he knew about
Joseph Smith and the first vision.
As he talked I was writing every word down
as fast as I could. We were so pleased that
pretty much word for word, Luke wrote his own talk! :)
Here he is at his "podium" practicing his talk. :)
(this first part is what Greg and I added)
God reveals His word to us through prophets.
And God has called a prophet in our day. In
1820, there was a 14 year old boy named
Joseph Smith.
(here is what Luke came up with by himself...)
He went to the forest to figure out which church
was right and he prayed to Heavenly Father.
Jesus and Heavenly Father came.
..then we read JSH 1:17..
They told him none of teh church's were true.
But that he would be the one to restore the true
church back on the earth.
I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
---------------
We were/are so proud of him for getting
right up there and doing such a good job!






3 comments:
that is fantastic! remind me to tell you about poor charlotte's first talk experience...
that is the BEST sis.. good job to you and Greg for making sure they know that story so young.. means your doing a great job with FHE.. Good Job Luke.. keep it up your a Missionary in Training.. Love you lots..
Happy Mother's Day for a Mother that is INCREDIBLE!
Luke, you are so smart, I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment