Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our UTAH Trip....

For the last 1/2 week of July and the first week of August our little family went to Utah. This was a goal for 2011 and we were happy to have it finally arrive. We got to see lots of family and even some friends, too! We had such a great time.

As you can see, Olivia enjoyed her first airplane ride (well, the first that she remembers...she was 2 months old when she really flew for the first time).


And Lukey, too. I was a fair bit nervous to travel alone with these 2 (Greg flew in 2 days after us), but, they did super good and we only had to go to the airplane potty once! whew. :) Olivia was potty trained and so I was nervous she'd need to go several times.
This chicka loves sunglasses. She was being silly with Grandma Ruth's sunglasses on our way from SLC up to Idaho.

Here is half of our gang...3 out of 6 siblings were there the first night that we were. My other 3 brothers got there the next day. This is us at the big Rodeo Parade in my mom's area. This was my kids' first parade. They weren't fans of the loud sirens, but they did enjoy picking up as much candy as they could get their little hands on! :) Funny thing, I don't know if Luke ever even had 1 piece. I've eaten most of it. lol. Big surprise there.







My parents have 14 grandkids....this is 11 of them....:) Talk about awesome slumber party! I recently read a quote that went something like this:

"Grandma's house is where cousins become best friends"

This is so true. My nieces and nephews, and my own kids don't get to see each other a ton, but when they are together they are the best of friends and love every minute. Luke and Olivia loved having so many cousins around!

CHISM REUNION 2011



Skyler, Parker, and Brooklyn

Britten, Livi, Luke, Matthew, Camron, Hannah, and Landon
All 14 kiddos!

I took about 6 or 7 picture of the kids in this pose, and then my camera ran out of battery! :( I was super sad. So, as soon as I get my hands on more pics from my brother's camera I'll post more. We took lots of pictures and it was so great because this is the first time that all 6 of my siblings have been together since Greg and I got married 5 1/2 years ago!

I love my fam and loved seeing them...even if it was for a short time.

We had a great day at the park/church doing crafts, playing with water weenies, playing basketball, eating lots of yummy food. We played "family bingo" (I'm excited to show a pix of that!) and lots of rummikub. Most of us went to the zoo and Temple Square on Saturday, too! More to post when I get the pictures....

1 comment:

Susan Ruth said...

that was awsome. thks sis. im so glad everyone seemed to have a great time. cann't wait to do it again... Love you lots