Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

MEGA MAN!!
This one is a year in the making. Flash back to October 2008***
We got a game gift from the Neimans (double props to Dave)
and it was Mega Man 9. As with any
game worth playing, I played until it was conquered in full.
Not long later, we went to the ward Halloween party
where Luke was a tiger or some strange beast. His father made his schemes
and requirements known the next year.
It didn't take long for Luke to warm up to the idea. We let him play the game
a few times and got him all stoked about having a gun on his arm.
The seed was planted and as the time drew near, it was all
about execution. From the mache to the dye to the Dr. Pepper, this
costume is all home made. Extra thanks to Michelle for
making a father's dream come true.


For the uncultured, here is the 8-bit hero circa mid '80s.
Mega Man is a Nintendo character; a robot that battles
other robots from a mad scientist.
This (slightly more than 8-bit) hero can only take on
his little sister. Given Livi's personality, it is only a matter of time
before she rules this roost. She'll make him pay.
But for now, she's a silenced flower.
I tried to tell him that Mega Man is tough, and giggling is not acceptable.
But give a kid the thought of free unlimited candy
and it just cannot be helped.
Here's what they look like when they're not ready.


Livi is the most happy baby I've ever known. She has this
face on all the time.
The skirt has a flower design on it. Not quite done justice here,
but all the same, thanks to G-ma Ruth for making it happen.
Yes, I wanted a scowl or something tough, but
a buster gun pose is good enough.
He ran around shooting everything
saying BAM BAM BAM!
Not sure what is going on here, it just looks femmy.
We all went trick-or-treating for a few houses until Livi vommed all
over Shelly. She wanted to hand out candy anyway, so I took Luke around the
neighborhood. He kid made a killing, despite totally wussing out
when a dog came to the door and when one house had
a giant spider outside. One house had a guy come to the door
with a skull mask. Luke got half way through his trick-or-treat and then
trick and retreated down the walkway in fright. We had a laugh about it,
and Luke had the last laugh as he got an extra handful
for allowing two dads to have a laugh at his expense.
And now, I leave you all with a song...
This is the night
I was created for.
I'm gonna put on my best disguise
and go knockin on everybody's door....
This is the night
I'm gonna hit the street.
Cause this is the night, for some givin away,
so many good things to eat!!
Oh, wouldn't life be so sweet?
If every night, was a night to go trick or treat..
[Trick or Treat]
I said a trick or treat!
[Trick or Treat]
Wouldn't it be sweet?!
[Trick or Treat]
I said a trick or treat!

11 comments:

katie said...

Love it! (He is going to "thank" you one day for that costume:) You have a great picture for the senior video!! Way awesome!!!

Heather Coon said...

Greg, I love the custome, I would expect nothing less from you. Maybe next year you could dress luke up as Tommy Lasorda, that would be funny.

Anne said...

Nice! Fun pics! We sure miss you guys but we are so glad you are enjoying yourselves out in Texas.

Spencer said...

Way to go, Groc. You're the man. Where's the picture with the patented Mega Man jump? As for next year, I don't have any ideas for Luke. However, you should be a certain infamous pastor from that area (I can even send you a whoopie cushion). You know, the one that's always under investigation by the state of Texas Attorney General's office. SO WHAT?!? ANYBODY CAN BE UNDER INVESTIGATION! BURRRNNT!

Sarah said...

I'm a loser. Ron had to tell me who mega man was when he first told me about the costume. But he totally looks awesome. Way to go Michelle! Enjoy the candy!

Erin said...

I'm still laughing while I'm writing this. Your kids are so adorable and they must have your fun personality. I sure miss your fun self.

audri jo said...

Seriously awesome costume...I'm impressed! And Livi Pie is SO cute!!!

danielle said...

You have the cutest kids!! Great job with the costumes. And what a fun pumpkin patch. I'll call you tomorrow so you can have my # again. :) Love you!

Tyson and Kendyl said...

What cute trick or treaters!

Susan Ruth said...

good job with the comtumes shell, the kids looked great glad that it all turned out ok, love you

Sister Ward said...

I like the giggly MegaMan! He's going to lov eyou for putting him in those tights, too! Cute pics!