Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Christmas Eve

(sorry about poor Luke..but this was the best
one we got) :)


Santa comes tonight!!
At first Luke wasn't too in to sharing his
cookies with Santa, but after some
persuading he saw the need for this kind deed.
He was so cute about it...We had to leave
them next to the chimney so that Santa
would see them as soon as he came down.
Also, we HAD to, on Luke's orders, take
the grate out of the fireplace so that it
wouldn't hurt Santa's bum when he landed.
lol! What a funny kid. :)
Luke and Olivia got to open up one present
on Christmas eve...new jammies!
They are so cute in the new
matching pj's!!
this was the best picture I could get of them
together in their new outfits....

Greg and I made Christmas Eve dinner for our
little family, as well as our friends the Zimmermans....
Sam, Tiffany, and Zoe. Visits from them are always
full of fun...and the food was great! We made a ham,
funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, green salad,
frog eye salad, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie,
and of course there was sparkling grape juice. :)
It was a really neat night... a great memory
for our first Christmas away from family,
as well as our first in our new home!
Later that night after our kids were in their
jammies, we sat together and read the
Christmas story from Luke 2. This was
always a tradition of mine growing up
and I'm glad we can make it a tradition
in our own little family. There was no
dressing up this year..but hopefully in a
few years we can talk Luke into it. :)

2 comments:

Susan Ruth said...

thats so fun shell, those kids are so cute, that poor little bold headed baby, she will prob, end up with a great head of hair!!! tks for sharing.

Sara said...

It looks like you guys have a great Christmas! It is so fun being in your own house and being with your own little family. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how much Olivia looks like you. I love she is so bald, that is how Ethan is and it is so weird for me because my others weren't that bald. I LOVE your christmas countdown, did you make it?