Friday, February 5, 2010

good night stories


You just have to love
your little ones and their
love for repitition.


...I just now stepped out of Olivia's
room from putting her down for bed.
When I came out I heard Greg
laughing so I poked my head
into Luke's room to see what I was
missing out on. Well, Greg had asked
Luke what story he wanted for tonight.
It wasn't a great surprise, but was definitely
worth laughing for....Luke wanted the same story
he's had the past 4 or 5 nights--Mickey's Bake Sale.
Poor Greg (not really...we love reading to Luke), has
to read the same story over and over and over every night.


It is the same with cartoons.... we've seen Transformers (Greg has
a cartoon version from way back when)
and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas about 20 times
each in the past month because any time Luke
gets his tv time it is one of those two movies
that he asks for. lol.


This is no surprise. Luke has (as all children probably are)
always been this way. I know that 2 Christmases ago
we watched Polar Express and Frosty about a
GAZILLION times each within a time frame
of 1-2 months.


Aside from all that-- Life here in the Knight home is fantastic.
We are enjoying each and every day. The kids are
growing so fast and learning so much every
single day...except concerning walking when it
comes to Olivia. She just loves to crawl and has
not much interest in the whole walking thing.


Greg turns the big 3-0 on Sunday so it has
been a busy week of preparations for
me. Oh...funny thing concerning that....
Luke, of course, is with me when I buy any
presents...and is around when packages
arrive in the mail as well. I try to tell
him that its a secret and we can't tell daddy.
....well, you can imagine what that brings.
---Daddy walks in the door-----and Luke says....
shhhh...daddy a package came for you but
its a secret"...and then he has Greg
follow him and shows off my hiding
place where all the presents are stashed. lol.
Greg won't peek though...he's good about that.
He likes surprises.

I'm excited for Sunday and I'll post more
next week to tell you how it all goes down.

3 comments:

Susan Ruth said...

hope he has a great day, when i was there when olivia was born, i also read the same book to luke every nite for 2 weeks, but like you I loved it, Love you Luke.

Shoshanah said...

Greg-o,

I feel like there is a really good joke somewhere when Luke asks to read 'Mickey's Bake Sale'.

Something involving your dad and a good pastry...

Amber Miskin said...

Skyler just started walking recently; before that he was content on walking on his knees...absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen!