Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spiderman party!

Luke is 4!
(notice the cute shirt I found at Target!)


A few months ago I asked Luke what he wanted for
his birthday. He informed me that he
wanted a SpiDerMaN birthday party. :)
Well, a Spiderman bday party is what he got!
Here is the cake I made.
I was nervous at first, but all in all it turned
out pretty good! ...and it was/is super delicious, too!





9 kids were invited to the party.
The first activity was to color their Spiderman masks.

Making their Spiderman poses! :)
Here, the kids are listening to their instruction
on how to help Spiderman attack all the
super villians!

Greg made a seriously awesome obstacle course
that each kid got to run through.
I should have taken more pictures, but I'll take a minute
explain what they did....
1. head bat spin
2. crab walk down the line
3. attack the villian with the super string
4. do a back roll over the ottoman and jump on to the pillows
5. jump through the alligator swamp (we had little circles
made from Luke's geo trax pieces and olivia's connector toys)
6. attack green goblin with silly string
7. run through the maze (chairs zigzagging and covered in sheets)
8. jump over the block wall
9. attack doctor oc with silly string
10. spiderman crawl up the stairs
11. climb in tent and crawl through the tunnel
12. attack another super villian
13. jump over big wall (guitar amps)
14. attack another super villain with silly string
15. bowl down all the pins
16. dive through the little house door to finish the course
17. receive super hero prize!!
Cake time!!
note: I had been taking pix of the obstacle course
as the kids went through. I ended up losing
the camera...we couldn't find it AnyWHere!!
So, this picture is from my camera phone.
Turns out the camera was in Olivia's room....
I left it there from when I changed her poopies
after her nap. :)

Happy Birthday, Luke!

The kids had a great time eating their cake
and icecream. Most of the girls ended up under
the table in their secret spiderman cave! :)
Present time. :)
take note...in this picture you can see only Luke.
By the time he was opening his last couple of presents
all the of the kids had made their way closer and closer
and were practically on his lap. lol. we thought it was funny.

This is from his actual bday. A spiderman motorcycle
man he had been wanting.
A new flashlight was an exciting present!
and even though he didn't get any cake on his actual bday
(he was sick), we still got it out and had him
blow the candles out one more time.
Yeah, finally Luke has his own piggy bank!
You can see how pleased he is...cute smile. :)
and he got $4 from g&g Ruth to put in it!! :)
A car mat! Yeah! thanks Grma Knight!
And I had to take a picture of his bday dinner....
a plate of about 4 crackers.
Luke spent his bday at home (no church for us)..
he and Olivia both woke up Sat. night throwing up.
poor kids. but they are both back to their normal selves now!
Good night little man! happy birthday!
sleep good in your new spiderman jammies!! :)
Luke had a great birthday. Even though he was
sick ON his birthday, he had a fantastic bday
party and had a great time with all his friends!
And don't worry....he wasn't too sick
that he and greg couldn't spend a lot of the day
playing batman legos ( a new wii game he got
from Uncle Steve and Aunt Presha...thank you!)

5 comments:

Susan Ruth said...

that was great shell. that obs. course sounds great remember when we did one for James birthday outside it was a really fun birthday party. and your cake lookes great your really getting good at that.. glad the kids are feeling better.. your a good mom Shell.. Ilove you..

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Luke! You sure have great and creative parents who must love you a lot.

Family Neiman said...

what a great party! awesome job on the cake michelle!

Amber Miskin said...

Looks like the party was great! Amazing cake!

Sarah said...

What a fun party! I was waiting for this post knowing you must have done something cool! What a good mommy you are. Wish we could've been there!