Luke had a great birthday!
Seemed to be more of a birth-week, than just a birth-day. :)
He turned 6 on Wednesday, but because he had soccer practice
we decided to have his party the next day.
On Luke's birthday Greg was able to come home about a 1/2 hour early.
This was nice because it allowed us to eat dinner (Luke's request: chicken pillows), eat pumpkin pie (a special surprise I made for Luke since his birthday cake was for his party the next day), and open presents without being rushed to get to soccer.
Here is a timeline of the 2 day event:
Table all decorated with presents, treats, and sign for Luke to see when he came down the stairs. The T-Shirt he is wearing is a new Ninjago shirt I had laying out for him so he could wear it to school that day. (oh, and I chose this picture because I need Annie and Sheri to confirm to me that they agree this picture looks just like Greg!!...don't you think??)
At school he got this special birthday hat from his teacher. His class sang to him. He loved it!
Also, I got to go and eat lunch with him in the cafeteria...we had so much fun!!
Luke was in desperate need of a new soccer ball...you can see how excited he was to open it! lol
And, even though he changed his party theme to Power Rangers at the last minute, he still loves all things Ninjago and was happy to receive several ninjago sets (only one was from Greg and I, the rest were from Grandma and his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins!)
Posing his happiness to be eating chicken pillows and rice & veggies.
Now, onto the Party...Power Rangers, as mentioned before.
We kept it small and he got to invite 4 friends...all boys.
The drinks have "Power Ranger Luke K." or "Power Caleb" etc...
lol...not really a comparison to last years cake, but funny thing, I asked him what his favorite part of the party was and he said the cake. :) Good boy. I guess kids really don't care much what it looks like as long as it tastes good....at least that was my luck this year. This cake is supposed to be a blue power ranger mask. Ya, I tried. oh well. lol.
The main game for the party was a scavenger hunt.
I read them the first clue that led them outside where they
found the rest of the clues one by one. Before each new clue,
though they found weapons to destroy the evil Dai Shi. :)
Here is a picture of their first weapons...Solar Morphers (communication sunglasses??) :)
Cute Jane was so good for me during the party!!
I forgot to mention that I was flying solo leading this whole thing.
The kids got out of school early "early release" and so Greg was
still at work...I figured with only 5 of them I could handle it. It really did
turn out to be a lot of fun for the boys!
Little Ninjas (Ninja's and Power Rangers have at least one thing in common...they all use Kung Fu)
Here they are with weapon #2...water balloons.
Their task was to hide all evidence that Luke was turning 6 (which = that he is becoming an older and stronger Power Ranger...a bigger threat to Dai Shi). So I drew a giant 6 on the drive way with sidewalk chalk and they had to destroy it until it disappeared.
Here they are with weapon #3: nun chucks.
I made these using pipe foam, pipe cleaners, and hemp rope.
They were a huge hit!
He was more than pleased to have us all singing Happy Birthday to him. :)
Make a wish little buddy!
And, to end the week, my friend Diana, who brings Luke home everyday from school took the kids to the park after school, and bought them slushies too! He had a great time playing with his carpool buddies, and
even mentioned that this has been the best birthday ever! :)
Happy 6th Birthday Luke! We love you!






1 comment:
those pictures sure look fun, Glad he had such a great day, Michelle you always make the kids birthday fun. Love you all so much, Glad you had a great day buddy.
Post a Comment