So, a couple of Saturdays ago
Greg and I woke up to a normal day.
We decided we'd head out to Sam's Club
and maybe wash the car and a few other
random activities. Well, on the way to Sam's
Club we decided to stop by JC Penny to see
if we could find any comforter sets we liked
(we've been wanting to put our room together
for a while...been here more than a year and
hadn't done anything to our room besides
stick a bed in it with a 35 year old tv set up on
a giant amplifier). :) ANYWAY, we actually found
a set we super loved! It was in the colors we've
been looking for even--blue/brown/cream.
So, we grabbed it. Instead of going to the checkout we
headed for the sheets--we grabbed sheets. Then...
we headed over to the curtains. And yes, you guessed
it....bought curtains too! :)
The story doesn't end here... after Sam's Club, hanging out
outside while Olivia napped, we piled everyone back in the car
and went to Lowe's to find some paint.
We found a color we loved that matched a blanket we took
to match paint to...bought 2 gallons.
Came home, put the kids to bed and painted our room!
We were up til 1am. We finished painting Monday night.
THEN...this past Saturday we made (yes made!!)
a headboard for our bed! ...step by step details
will come tomorrow hopefully (we took
lots of pictures)!
Here is the result....
Now its just waiting for me to hang
pictures and add vinyl sayings!
Yeah for HGTV and yeah for our new bedroom!!
the end.







12 comments:
Oh I am so happy! It is beautiful! So let Greg know you're coming to Utah one weekend every month till you get my whole house done! You really are so creative. I love the headboard. The colors match great. I can't wait to see more. . .
It looks GREAT! I love it when you find what you like! I need a headboard! Maybe I should try to make one!
I love it! It looks so cozy! Look at you go Miss crafty!
LOVE it!!!! You two are quite the night crew! Great job. Looks romantic!!
love it shell, you guys did a great job. love you
Turned out great! I love the colors!
Looks AWESOME Michelle! I love the colors!
Looks good. If it makes you feel any better we have been in our house for 3 years and haven't done anything to our room:)
P.S. Happy Birthday today!!
LOVE IT!!! Especially since that's the same bed set we have! :) I am really into that color scheme right now. Nice job on the whole thing!
Wow sis, great job!! Yay for you!
oh my goodness! yes! yay for your new bedroom! i envy you. it is last on our list too. i love hgtv too. do it yourself stuff is the best!
I am so embarrassed that I totally missed your birthday last week! I am really sorry! Happy LATE belated birthday! I hope that you had a great day! Did you make yourself one of your amazing cakes?
Post a Comment