#4 Birthday Cake covered in Liv's favorite candy...mnm's!
For Olivia's 4th Birthday (and her very first
"friends" party), Olivia chose a Dora theme.
I looked around on Pinterest, of course, and came up
with what turned out to be a fun, simple, super adorable party!
When all the guests had arrived we had them start
decorating their binocular's so they could use them
on an adventure.
When they were all done, Greg and I both got their
attention and said (in our most dramatic Dora voices. ha)
"Oh no! Swiper swipped our pinata!! We don't know
where he took it! Who do we ask for help when we
don't know which way to go?"
MAP they said. :) So, we all called map and he
showed us how to find our pinata. whew.
| Our binocular's are done...we're ready for our adventure!! |
First, we had to go past Enchanted Tree.
Enchanted Tree had some visors for the kiddos to help
keep the sun out of their eyes for the adventure!
Next, they had to go around Crocodile Lake!
Crocodile Lake was a fun ring toss game where
everyone had a chance to put the rings either around
Crocodile's nose or tail. But be careful to not get too close!
Yay, we finally made it to Sand Castle Island where
we found our pinata! Silly Swiper, he can't ruin our party!
Everyone got about 3 turns, and then Greg took the
bat and made sure all the candy fell free. :)
So, you remember the #4 cake that was at the first of this
post? Well, when we happily showed our finished
product to Olivia, she was not impressed. She didn't
like it. lol, so sad. She suddenly wanted a
heart shaped cake. So, without hesitation daddy took
left over squares of the unfrosted cake and whipped up a
beautiful heart shaped cake just perfect for our
birthday girl. :) She loved it.
Oh, I grabbed this picture with only one left,
but I did the whole "pre-scoop" your ice cream
into individual cups for them. They thought it was
great. And it made the ice cream --cake handout
go much quicker! :)
I originally wanted to have a real, yet simple material
purple backback for the kids to wear, but that
didn't happen, so I whipped these cute little guys
up to send our guests home with party favors.
Turned out cute.
Present time. I always love watching the guests and
how excited they are to give their gift. Everyone
wanted Liv to open theirs first. It was darling.
They had fun. As soon as the last present was unwrapped
we opened them all up to let the kids play for the last
15-20 minutes. I think they all had a great time.
I'm so grateful that Olivia has such good friends!
Our birthday girl.
Happy 4th Birthday, Liv!!
Her birthday crown from Joyschool!
Love it!!
On Olivia's actual birthday (her party was on a Saturday,
3 days before her birthday), I ended up buying
donuts for her to take to Joyschool as her birthday treat.
I ended up buying her an extra one and that is what
she had as "cake" on her real bday. We stuck 1
candle in it, sang to her, and called it good. :)
She was more than happy about it. This girl
LOVES donuts!....I can't say I blame her...
I spent majority of my life with ice cream and donuts
being my favorite foods. :)






3 comments:
Love the updates. Too cute. Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom to make awesome memories for them! And I bet Olivia's classmates parents just loved your valentines ;)
Shell, you always do have a great birthday something for your kids. thanks for walking us through the party almost felt like we were there. cute picture. Love you Liv glad you had such a great birthday..
You are ALWAYS so cute and creative! I love it! I wish I got those genes!
Post a Comment